Welcome to LATINO CONNECTION GA!
Latino Connection GA was launched in early 2014 as an outlet to highlight success stories, small non-profits with great impact in the Latino community, and as a resource for local organizations, leaders and just anybody interested in learning more about Latinos/Hispanics in Georgia.
Inspired by two young girls looking for information in English on Latinas in Georgia and finding nothing, we decided to take space, in English, with our stories, profiles, and opinion. Years later, Latino Connection GA is still the only platform in English dedicated to covering and distributing local Latinx stories in English.
Latino Connection GA is published by the Latino Community Fund Inc. (LCF Georgia), a 501(c)(3) organization supporting Latino-serving nonprofits with advocacy, program development, capacity building and grant making.
5 Pillars of Work
- We strengthen our identity by increasing our community visibility and advocacy
- We build a stronger community by collaborating and building networks
- We promote and support civic engagement and participation as a way to garner political power to champion community key issues
- We believe that women are at the core of our families and organizations and are the largest untapped resource in the Latino community in the state.
- We invest and re-invest in our community by hiring, contracting and buying from Latinx
Connecting you to Community Resources
- For Latino-Serving Professionals: Visit our reports and studies tab where we gather data-driven studies and reports as well as best-practices and fact sheets that can inform your work and decision making. Should you need to refer a family to social services providers, please look under Para Familias/ Providers
- For Latino Families (En español): Encuentre las organizaciones comunitarias y sin fines de lucro que pueden ayudar a su familia en las áreas de jóvenes, servicios de familia, inmigración, servicios de salud, emprendimiento y negocios.
- Speakers Bureau (En español & In English): Looking for a speaker for your event, contact us. We are happy to refer you to leaders with diverse backgrounds that are knowledgeable about the Latinx community in the state.
- For all / para todos: Hispanic Events Calendar, nuestro calendario de eventos comunitarios consolidates most of the special events and community activities that are are submitted or shared by our friends and partners as well as some general interest events.